Making the decision to be ready to undergo bariatric surgery can be hard enough! We are here to help you through the rest of the process.
Our program provides a personal and individual experience to every patient for every step along the way.
We appreciate that it can seem like there are so many obstacles after you make the decision that bariatric surgery is the best choice for you. Our team helps clarify insurance coverage before we even get started with consultations. We also offer reasonable self pay pricing.
Our dedicated staff has extensive experience in ensuring you will have support you need to make the best choices throughout your journey.
The pre-surgery process
1. The first step is making sure you meet qualifications for bariatric surgery. (BMI 35 or above with medical comorbidities or BMI 40 or above.)
2. Next, do you have insurance coverage? Or will you choose self pay? (Call your insurance company. Call us so that we can find out your coverage for you or discuss alternatives)
3. Phone interview with our bariatric nurse coordinator
4. Consultation with Dr.Podolsky
5. Begin nutritional counseling and develop a schedule for required follow ups
6. Meeting with the psychologist
7. Pre operative testing